Re: [RT] Re:VIRUS ALERT Block messages

I agree (on getting Eudora), but be warned I've run across a couple of
ISP's that only support Outlook Express.

So far: MSN and DellNet

For this reason, I avoid them both.

Disclaimer: at least when I tried running Eudora on these ISPs I had
trouble (though I've been using it on several ISPs over the years) and when
I dug into tech support, they said I had to use Outlook Express.  This was
during the last 12 months.

At 05:15 PM 12/3/2000 -0800, Bob wrote:
>I would urge people to get Eudora from their web site.  It's free, it's
>superior to Outlook Express and it's far safer.  In fact, I have never
>heard of an exploit problem with their program.  Of course, you never open
>any attachment that you are unsure of in terms of what it is or who it's
>from but Outlook is full of holes and more are found faster than MS can
>plug the old ones.
>
>Bob
>
>oh.. http://eudora.com
>

>At 03:56 PM 12/3/2000 -0500, you wrote:
> >I agree with this approach -- they should be blocked -- at least for 2 or 3
> >months. I have gone into the tools section of outlook express and have
> >blocked all messages from agarg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  and also from its owner
> >Ashok Garg. I suggest you may also want to take similar action.

david_wieringa@xxxxxxxx
Software Engineer (contractor)
Scottsdale, AZ / Grand Rapids, MI

eGroups eLerts