AW: [RT] OT: Who pays for your subscription to Realtraders ?

Gary, et.al.

thanks for your helpful replies. I appreciate your effort very much.

> > Is there a way I can supress these banners?
>
> Don't use the eGroups site.  Get your messages the old-fashioned way,
> through email.

This is what I am already always doing: Reading e-mails instead of sites.

> Then for messages (like this one) that are sent in plain ASCII, you
> just receive the message as the sender sent it with only a short and
> inoffensive ASCII ad at the bottom.  No downloaded banner graphics.

Those inoffensive links apear some of the time, but more often I
happen to receive HTML messages, which contain a hyperlink to the
banner ad. And this is the problem: It's a hyperlink that is activated
each time of reading, not an embedded, downloadable graphic.

> ... Plus, if
> you pay for connect time, you can also download all your RT messages
> at once, instead of having to read them online.  Overall, you have to
> download far less data, and you can do it with much less connect time.

This is what ennoys me: I download the RT messages as e-mails. Still I
am experiencing connections for displaying (not downloading !) those
f***...ine banner ads. Does Proxomitron help in these circumstance as well?

Thx again,

Andreas

---
Andreas Grau  aka agrau@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Telefon 089-27349990

Reality is an illusion --  Perception is what counts

eGroups eLerts
http://click.egroups.com/1/9698/0/_/152424/_/971991874/