[RT] Re: As An Aside re. Mechanical S&P Trading Systems

On Sat, 18 Dec 1999, Dr. John Cappello wrote:

> 1.No one reports their test results.

Maybe nobody tested it.

> 2.No one posts any improvements they make for the benefit of all.

Perhaps they could not think of any. Or, maybe they did, and it is now a
really good system - you know - the kind folks keep to themselves :-). I
don't recall seeing any 90% profitable, 8:1 win/loss systems posted for
everyone to use. But, if you do know of one, please let me know <g>. You
*would* tell me about, wouldn't you? <big g>

> 3.Systems posted are open so code can be seen.

What would be the point of posting a closed system?

> 4.If accidenatally locked password will be given.

Why not unlock it before posting? That would save people from an extra
hassle, and make it more likely they would look at it.

> If all I have are ELA's that is what I will post.

It's very easy to just cut&paste the text so that everyone can see.

> If you can not look at them on that basis I am sorry and perhaps some
> of you may have to pass them up.No hard feelings.

If a subscriber posts a very interesting idea, clearly described, with
text code included, I suspect that person will get a lot more feedback
than they would if they just said "here's an ela".

I think interesting/easy would beat dull/hard every time...

I suspect no hard feelings are generated - just a lack of time and/or
interest, perhaps.

Larry