[RT] Re: As An Aside re. Mechanical S&P Trading Systems

First, thanks to John for posting his system.

> If all I have are ELA's that is what I will post.

What I do when I want to post some code is open it in power editor. Then
I highlight the code, copy to the clipboard and paste into the email
message. It's just as quick and easy for me as attaching an ela file and
much more convenient for those who receive it.

Those of us with a few thousand studies in our copy of TS are very
hesitant to paste in new stuff. First you have to dig into the ela and
write down the names of all the new indicators, systems and functions.
That's so you can find them after the paste. Then you have to check that
none of the functions use names already in your system. If they do, you
have to temporarily rename the old ones to avoid an overwrite. Then,
after the paste, you need to double check all the code and rename things
again so your old stuff still works and you can find the new stuff.
Really quite a lot of work to just take a look at something that may or
may not interest you.

Bottom line, the most experienced TS users are the least likely to paste
in unknown code just to take a look. Those are usually the people I
would like to get feedback from so I always post as plain text.

--
  Dennis