[RT] RE: EMA--offset and MACD wave strategy

<x-html><!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=2>Rt:</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2>Some of you have started reading the book, and are asking
questions.&nbsp; Now in reference to the exponential moving average.&nbsp; This
is what I use instead of his offset in the future alligator.&nbsp; It is not
exactly like his, but effective.&nbsp; I did this because I have not been able
to program his alligator into my intraday data, which&nbsp;I get delayed(don't
trade real time) on Windows on Wallstreet, and&nbsp; my daily Meta-stock
has&nbsp;the alligator  and&nbsp;the comparison appears to be very
close.&nbsp;&nbsp;</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2>Fractals are all over the charts, and as always the bigger
time frame the more inportant.&nbsp;&nbsp;Now BW uses a very
defined&nbsp;definition of a fractal, and take note of that, even tho I&nbsp;am
a little more liberal in definition when I trade.&nbsp; He calls&nbsp;a lower
bar with two bars with higher lows and higher highs, before it&nbsp;becomes a
fractal.&nbsp; I just say higher lows.&nbsp;&nbsp;Vice-versa going the other
way. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2>Now I have mentioned using the 34 ema for reversing a trade or
as an exit.&nbsp; First let me state this is not the best method for getting
maximun profits from the market.&nbsp; I like Bw method of going one chart
smaller then your trading for exit.&nbsp; But I have been using the 34 ema in
developing a fail safe trigger point.&nbsp; Something in case as he puts it if
the market gets drunk.&nbsp; And I came across the 34 ema seems to miss alot of
congestion and gets you in at the beginning of the fast movement of that time
frame.&nbsp; And also holds you with the trend of that time frame. The problem
with it is that for exiting you will wait for all that congestion before it
comes back and in my opinion, I want out and to go to my next
trade.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2>How do I use it? I let the 34 ema move past a fractal and when
it does I put in&nbsp; two orders just below fractal, one to get me out and one
to reverse my position.&nbsp;&nbsp;</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2>Let me say this&nbsp;is the simplest of </FONT>&nbsp;<FONT
size=2>methods not the most profitable, but very effective.&nbsp; In his book he
uses building blocks.&nbsp; First is to keep you alive trading and
survivng&nbsp; an as you learn you then start taking maximun profits and
eventually you&nbsp;trade as you walk without thot.&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2>Let me say that the MACD as BW uses it lets you know which
wave your in and when they are about completed.&nbsp; Now this is fantastic in
my opinion, especially with BW strategy which he doesn't elaborate on.&nbsp; As
we all know Elliott Waves have waves within waves and we use this to our very
distinct advantage.&nbsp;&nbsp; As and example&nbsp;Cocoa right now is in a
correction 4 wave on the daily chart, we know that from MACD.&nbsp; When the
MACD crosses the zero line that becomes our signal that the correction is over
or will be very shortly, and that is when you go to the next smaller time frame
and take your entry signal to short side and your are right at the beginning of
the trend.&nbsp;&nbsp;Now I use this to trade waves 1-3-5-c, which are the
movers, but some say congestion your avoiding.&nbsp; I will say&nbsp;then which
wave.&nbsp; You see wave four&nbsp;has been going on in&nbsp;hogs&nbsp;on the
hourly and I have been trading those waves on the 10 minute chart.&nbsp; So I am
in the middle of congestion of the larger chart or wave but trading my waves on
a lessor chart or wave.&nbsp;&nbsp;So if I can trade profitably wave four of the
hourly, just think what we could do with the daily wave four correction and
congestion.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2>charley&nbsp;</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></HTML>
</x-html>From ???@??? Sun Dec 19 19:48:10 1999