[RT] Re: Best and Worst Investments for me in 1999 [And what about you] {02}

My worst
1 - screwing up in Tbond options, remaining short puts in a falling market in
late 98. Cost me 30% of assets. Was badly organized and failed to phone in
stop, which cost me 25% of assets.
2 - not buying net stocks in oct 98 because of fear of overvaluation.
3 - buying blue chips instead, some of them have moved at desperately slow
rates.
4 - not following buy stop in gold before runup because not wanting to go
countertrend.
5 - too many unable fills in net stocks in november/december because too
scroogy.

My best:
1 - stop lossing a catastrophic bleeding options position in Tbonds while
frozen because of major losses end of 1998. I would have been wiped out and
more two weeks later.
2 - picking Nokia in Oct 98, loading up on a strong conviction.
3 - picking french, japanese and chinese internet stock in October/November
4 - cutting shorts in DJ futures instead of letting profits run because my
stomach said so.
5 - picking low in Tbonds.

All in all, a great year, although in full transition from full time trading
a Tbond system to discretionarily trading  stocks and futures.

Independantly of personal satisfaction, I hope my Tbond experience will
highlight to those who may experiencing now or have experienced recently
hurting drawdowns that all is not over, life continues and the start of it
all is to first stop the bleeding by all means. there may even be light
shortly after if one is persistent enough and is willing to swallow hard and
start all over again.

Best to all,

Gwenn