[RT] Re: Is trading system necessary for a successful trading? {03}

  • To: <realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [RT] Re: Is trading system necessary for a successful trading? {03}
  • From: "Mark Brown" <markbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Dec 1999 19:33:29 -0800

Hello  ramon,

r> For what it's worth here is my view. Before I get
r> into it, I'd like to define what I mean by a discretionary
r> and mechanical trader.

r> A discretionary trader is one who has a rule structure
r> but will be prepared to override the "rules' signals".

Let's  think  about  this.  If  a  discretionary  trader intentionally
overrides  his  rule  structure?  Then it's obviously PART of his rule
structure.  Do  you  not  think  that  the override is thought out and
planned  in  advance?  It's  called  a  bail  out  or  a  reversal  in
PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE!

r> A mechanical trader is one who follows his rules
r> without deviations.

All he has done is what the discretionary trader is not capable OF!

r> a trading plan with an edge, winning psychology and
r> effective money management.

Think  about  this. The psychological process of trading can be solved
sooner  by  having  a  method  which has been thoroughly statistically
proven.  But if do not have a method that's sound nerves of steel will
not make you a winning trader.

--
Best regards,
  Mark Brown                        mailto:markbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxxx