Re: Almost Fibonacci Trading.

Neal Hughes wrote:

> At 03:29 AM 12/20/97 -0600, Harley Meyer wrote:
> >
> >YOU MAKE a PLAN using FIBONACCI RATIOS.
> >YOU MAKE. (might need to think about it for a second.)
> >YOU are part of society.
> >YOU MAKE a PLAN/strategy to deal with SOCIETY (other traders).
> >Where did you get this PLAN from? Another person in SOCIETY.
> >ANOTHER person CONSTRUCTED a PLAN and gave it to YOU.
> >ANOTHER person CONSTRUCTED a PLAN and gave it to THEM (other traders).
> >How MANY people CONSTRUCT a PLAN like YOU? MANY.
> >MANY people constitutes a SOCIETY.
> >SOCIETY CONSTRUCTS a PLAN.
> >The PLAN is a SOCIAL CONSTRUCT.
> >THE PLAN is FIBONACCI RATIOS.
> >FIBBONACCI RATIOS is a SOCIAL CONSTRUCT.
> >
> >Now do you get it?
> >This isn't perfect but I hope it takes you from the I to the he, to the
> >we, and to the I am part of the we.
> >

> Nope, you are confusing yourself. You could replace the word Society
> with Nature above. Societies are part of nature. I'll give you that
> a man-made (of nature) plan is constructed to take advantage of the
> (natural?) Fibonacci nature of the markets....
>
> You keep trying to justify why Fibonacci market action is not natural,
> that does not matter to me. What I don't understand is why the actual
> decimal precision makes it a non-natural phenomenon (as you said).
>
> Unfortunately we can only guess between the two. But the reality
> is probably that both are correct, limiting your mind to mathematical
> absolutes is not required. Mathematics is a SOCIAL CONSTRUCT, applying
> rigid laws to try and define nature which is not rigid at all.
> Both could be correct.
>
> Why do charts from way back, before Fibonacci trading was popular
> reflect the same trading rules I use today?
>
> Do you know that by far the huge majority of market participants have
> never heard of Fibonacci and do not use almost Fibonacci? It i purely
> crowd action (and their natural risk/greed tolerances) that I'm taking
> advantage of. For a better description take a look at
> http://www.halcyon.com/tcorner/stock/fib.html
>
> At this point Realtraders readers are probably tired of you trying to
> change my mind that natural and social effects are at work in the markets.
> And I'm not likely to think as rigidly as you, so there is not much point
> in continuing this conversation.

-Neal & RT,
    If you want an excellent commercial free explanation of Fibonacci, I
highly
recommend
<http://www.ee.surrey.ac.uk/Personal/R.Knott/Fibonacci/fib.html>
Then if you like that, you can go to the halcyon website and buy a book
from
Neal. Or, you can go the the library and look for Huntley's "Divine
Proportion".

Proportionately,

Norman