Re: Almost Fibonacci Trading.

At 03:29 AM 12/20/97 -0600, Harley Meyer wrote:

>YOU MAKE a PLAN using FIBONACCI RATIOS.
>YOU MAKE. (might need to think about it for a second.)
>YOU are part of society.
>YOU MAKE a PLAN/strategy to deal with SOCIETY (other traders).
>Where did you get this PLAN from? Another person in SOCIETY.
>ANOTHER person CONSTRUCTED a PLAN and gave it to YOU.
>ANOTHER person CONSTRUCTED a PLAN and gave it to THEM (other traders).
>How MANY people CONSTRUCT a PLAN like YOU? MANY.
>MANY people constitutes a SOCIETY.
>SOCIETY CONSTRUCTS a PLAN.
>The PLAN is a SOCIAL CONSTRUCT.
>THE PLAN is FIBONACCI RATIOS.
>FIBBONACCI RATIOS is a SOCIAL CONSTRUCT.
>
>Now do you get it?
>This isn't perfect but I hope it takes you from the I to the he, to the
>we, and to the I am part of the we.

Nope, you are confusing yourself. You could replace the word Society
with Nature above. Societies are part of nature. I'll give you that
a man-made (of nature) plan is constructed to take advantage of the
(natural?) Fibonacci nature of the markets....

You keep trying to justify why Fibonacci market action is not natural,
that does not matter to me. What I don't understand is why the actual
decimal precision makes it a non-natural phenomenon (as you said).

Unfortunately we can only guess between the two. But the reality
is probably that both are correct, limiting your mind to mathematical
absolutes is not required. Mathematics is a SOCIAL CONSTRUCT, applying
rigid laws to try and define nature which is not rigid at all.
Both could be correct.

Why do charts from way back, before Fibonacci trading was popular
reflect the same trading rules I use today?

Do you know that by far the huge majority of market participants have
never heard of Fibonacci and do not use almost Fibonacci? It i purely
crowd action (and their natural risk/greed tolerances) that I'm taking
advantage of. For a better description take a look at
http://www.halcyon.com/tcorner/stock/fib.html

At this point Realtraders readers are probably tired of you trying to
change my mind that natural and social effects are at work in the markets.
And I'm not likely to think as rigidly as you, so there is not much point
in continuing this conversation.

-Neal.