Re: PSYCH: Failed Trader

Hi

The article from Washington Post has provoked quite a
response.

Actually I thought it was a fairly accurate description of
trading from the viewpoint of the man in the street. The
fact is most who lose in the markets do so because they
are gambling - this applies to whether a trader has no plan
and no conception of the risk he is trading or one who
has plan but fails to execute it flawlessly.

The fact is, that for most, trading will continue to be, and
be viewed as, gambling. As I professional trader I wish it were
not so but my wishing it does not change reality - the fact
is, that for most trading will continue to be, and be viewed
as, gambling. Similarly,  the reality is that trading approached
in the manner suggested by Scott is a sound business and
not gambling.

regards

ray

-------------------------------------