Re: PSYCH: Failed Trader

scot billington wrote:

> Futures just allow you to use leverage and are far supierior trading vehicles.
> The concept that they are more volitile than stocks is completely
> false.

Reading that article really steamed me as well. The ignorance that
spilled out all over that Wash. Post article will a complete re-write to
clean up. That was a good example of 'word pollution' (if this is a new
term, consider it copyrighted. :).

One big injustice was the constant use of the word 'bet'. What is this,
Hollywood Park? The only bet I'll make is that this guy makes his
investment decisions from reading Guns and Ammo.

> The man in this article is a good example of how people go broke trading
> futures.  He had no experience, plan, training, and seems to be addicted
> to action much like a gambleholic.  Certainly, he should be able to
> trade circles around the best traders in the world.

There is a trading system that is available for stocks or commodities
for this type of trader available at your local KMart. It is cheaper
than most systems out today, and better than some of them. Yet, it has
its short comings. You will find it in the game section in different
varieties, regular cork or the velcro/styrofoam. The cork one works
better, and don't buy the cheap darts either.

> Why just the other day I did a couple of brain surgeries,

Was one of them the guy who wrote that article?

> prosecuted a capitol murder case,

I thought only people could be prosecuted? Just kidding. :)

> went 3 for 4 against Roger Clemens and played Pebble Beach in 7 under.
> Why people think they can walk into the futures arena with no
> preparation or training and make a fortune amazes me.

Could this be because of Ken Roberts, maybe? I find the majority I've
talked with are scared of futures trading, and it takes someone to
assure them that it is easy, you can make a fortune, you only need $200.

> Naturally, there
> are a lot of scams out there that propogate the myth, but I doubt if I
> put out an add for a two week seminar guarenteed to put you in the NBA

Where do I sign up? I always wanted to be a Laker. I'll buy it as long
as it doesn't require me to put anytime into it such as practice, etc.

> or enable you to design a retractable bridge, that I would get much
> responce.  What people need to understand is that trading is a skill
> which must be studied, learned and practiced like any other.  Just like
> Norm, it pains me to see futures painted in such a light.

You can add me to that list as well. Steamed! But then, they will
continue to abuse their right to spew 'word pollution' (there's that
term again :) wherever they can and usually left unchecked.

Do as Scot says... Study, practice, know the subject and risks well, and
I'll add, address it as a business, not Las Vegas. Yes, that means
removing the words LONG and SHORT from your dart board. :)

cheers!
:)
rick

--