GEN: Review of Murrey Web Site

Well this is not an official in depth review and it is not a slam of T.Murrey;
just a quick input after taking him up on his urgence to view his home page.

  I thought his web site (www.murreymathtrading.com) was impressive and cool
in its content and asthetics.  Perhaps some RT'ers should take a peek.  As one
who has not explored his methodolgy directly I still found it easy to
understand his orientation.  Anyone who has studied Gann or Elliott would have
the essential tools with which to learn Murreymath.
  From what I could see you must buy the books or systems in order to see how
he uses/interprets Gann and Fibonacci in trading.  TM uses the Gann squaring
of numbers, eights, and the usual accoutrements of speed lines.  These
mathematical relationships are already ethereal docents for many traders.
Others feel Gann and Elliott are anachronisms in todays world.  Personally I
have liked their use in general but have found that there are too many rules,
deviations, exceptions and interpretations.  TM piques himself in the Golden
Ratio and the number eight and its ascending doubles (8, 16, 32, 64...) - to
the point where he feels you only need to learn 32 or 64 of Gann's voluminous
set of rules (not 30 or 66...).

  I also read some of T Murrey's articles from TradersWorld.com and felt they
were written intelligently.  As with the TM web site the articles titillate
but hold back on specifics until you buy.  That is understandable and is
practised by most in promoting a product.
  Judging by RT posts it seems most see Murrey as churlish in flaunting his
self proclaimed (as far as we know) IQ and MIT background.  While it is human
nature to idolize geniuses who emanate humility it is unrealistic to assume
all are such.  A super sagacious promoter and a  vacuous one can both come off
as surly charlatons, yet one is the Real Thing perhaps.
  I hope I have not come off as a polemicist or offended TM.  Murrey may have
a good system (the best and most simple in the world he says), but as one
RT'er said it would help to give some specifics, a track record (statements),
and/or how about a few  real time trades.  A few real trades in no way is
giving away the farm but a little honey will go a long way in attracting the
bees to your hive.

  Sorry to add yet another segment to the Murrey thread.

Kurt
Sunnen@xxxxxxx