Re: GEN: Review of Murrey Web Site

kurt kallaus wrote:

> Well this is not an official in depth review and it is not a slam of T.Murrey;
> just a quick input after taking him up on his urgence to view his home page.
>
>   I thought his web site (www.murreymathtrading.com) was impressive and cool
> in its content and asthetics.  Perhaps some RT'ers should take a peek.  As one
> who has not explored his methodolgy directly I still found it easy to
> understand his orientation.  Anyone who has studied Gann or Elliott would have
> the essential tools with which to learn Murreymath.
>   From what I could see you must buy the books or systems in order to see how
> he uses/interprets Gann and Fibonacci in trading.  TM uses the Gann squaring
> of numbers, eights, and the usual accoutrements of speed lines.  These
> mathematical relationships are already ethereal docents for many traders.
> Others feel Gann and Elliott are anachronisms in todays world.  Personally I
> have liked their use in general but have found that there are too many rules,
> deviations, exceptions and interpretations.  TM piques himself in the Golden
> Ratio and the number eight and its ascending doubles (8, 16, 32, 64...) - to
> the point where he feels you only need to learn 32 or 64 of Gann's voluminous
> set of rules (not 30 or 66...).
>
>   I also read some of T Murrey's articles from TradersWorld.com and felt they
> were written intelligently.  As with the TM web site the articles titillate
> but hold back on specifics until you buy.  That is understandable and is
> practised by most in promoting a product.
>   Judging by RT posts it seems most see Murrey as churlish in flaunting his
> self proclaimed (as far as we know) IQ and MIT background.  While it is human
> nature to idolize geniuses who emanate humility it is unrealistic to assume
> all are such.  A super sagacious promoter and a  vacuous one can both come off
> as surly charlatons, yet one is the Real Thing perhaps.
>   I hope I have not come off as a polemicist or offended TM.  Murrey may have
> a good system (the best and most simple in the world he says), but as one
> RT'er said it would help to give some specifics, a track record (statements),
> and/or how about a few  real time trades.  A few real trades in no way is
> giving away the farm but a little honey will go a long way in attracting the
> bees to your hive.
>
>   Sorry to add yet another segment to the Murrey thread.
>
> Kurt
> Sunnen@xxxxxxx
hi,
i know it's not the only criteria to measure mr murrys' work, but it
seems to have been left out......of the discussion.
it the same method i use in looking at others who write a book or give a
course, soros, niederhoffer,williams, jim rogers.......all have put up..
by that i mean they made a lot of money,and did it trading, not writing
a book or running a seminar.......so if mr murry can(to use an old
expression)"SHOW ME THE MONEY" i will be happy to read all his 'stuff'.
there is only so much time to read, to study, to gain more knowledge in
this field. there are more pieces to all our lives which have to be
attended to.
thanks,
rich tobiassen