Re: GEN: Review of Murrey Web Site

kurt kallaus wrote:

> Well this is not an official in depth review and it is not a slam of T.Murrey;
> just a quick input after taking him up on his urgence to view his home page.
>
>   I thought his web site (www.murreymathtrading.com) was impressive and cool
> in its content and asthetics.  Perhaps some RT'ers should take a peek.  As one
> who has not explored his methodolgy directly I still found it easy to
> understand his orientation.  Anyone who has studied Gann or Elliott would have
> the essential tools with which to learn Murreymath.

I took a look at his site and thought it was quite interesting. The
'basis' of his method is solid in my opinion based on information that
is currently available and proven useful, that of Ganns sup/res
percentages and his squaring of time, etc. That is the basis though, I
can't speak for all of it.

>   I also read some of T Murrey's articles from TradersWorld.com and felt they
> were written intelligently.  As with the TM web site the articles titillate
> but hold back on specifics until you buy.  That is understandable and is
> practised by most in promoting a product.

Yes, understandable and acceptable. Mr. Murrey no doubt has done a ton
of work and whether there is any trading value or not is for each to
discern for themselves. I believe there is something to be learned from
each of these adventures. I've purchased much worse (not implying his
info is bad) and yet learned something each time. Remember, anything
worthwhile to have is not free.

Promoting a product in an educational manner I believe is valid,
respectable and common. What do you think TV is? You watch a program,
then a commercial that helps pay for your entertainment, then the
program comes on again, etc. This is how people get some things for free
(or at the cost of a few moments time) and the provider can continue to
offer content by subsidizing it with some promotion.

Mr. Murrey desires his due like anyone of us. But to make a statement as
one trader did here that Mr. Murrey does not try to promote his products
on this list is ludicrious. Look at how many one liners were posted here
to go to his site attached to everyones post! You go to the site and you
find out that there is something for sale.

Again I emphasize that I approve of his articles in the Traders World
mag where he offers content and then directs us to his services.
Blantant SPAM is what we don't want, useful information we do. I believe
Mr. Murrey has a talent that is hard to understand for some. He can
share that talent anytime he wishes here and then direct us to his site
for more info. We don't have to go to the site if we don't want to, and
yet we at least learned something for the effort of reading his or
anyone else's words.

>   Judging by RT posts it seems most see Murrey as churlish in flaunting his
> self proclaimed (as far as we know) IQ and MIT background.  While it is human
> nature to idolize geniuses who emanate humility it is unrealistic to assume
> all are such.  A super sagacious promoter and a  vacuous one can both come off
> as surly charlatons, yet one is the Real Thing perhaps.

Wow! Super sagacious geniuses...now I really feel stupid. Vacuous?
Yikes, I knew that I should have listened to my mother when she told me
to read 2000 words to power when I was young. Well, I guess I could look
these words up, but then, naw. I'll remain ignorant and illiterate. :)

I want to be on record as saying that it was how we as traders were
'addressed' by Mr. Murrey, not the content of his method, that struck me
as odd. I think that genius or not (I have no way of determining this
nor do I really care) he does have knowledge that in some degree
(unknown at this time) can be of benefit to others. Even if it really
isn't his info but a rehash of another (no implications here) it may be
useful.

I suggest that you look at his site. The same earlier post that said Mr.
Murrey has no intention of selling anything (obviously unaware of his
surroundings) also said that those of us who commented on his post may
be doing so out of jeolousy or fear of competition. Oh brother.
Technically, you might consider Mr. Murrey a competitor of mine. We both
teach a method, sell a program and a service. Yet, this has never
stopped me from recommending another competitor, such as Natures Pulse,
has it? If I see something good for my fellow traders, I will tell them
so!

I can't speak for other vendors, but commenting on Mr. Murreys post is
strictly that, commenting. With what little we know of his methods,
there really isn't room for jealousy that I can see. I'm considering
looking at his material because it looks interesting. I own a ton of
programs, books, some systems, etc. That is part of our tuition. I'll
add Mr. Murreys info to my growing stack of knowledge, and if I like
what I see, I'll tell you all to go there NOW!

For now, I do suggest you check out his site. His book doesn't seem
expensive (I think it $75 or $118, not sure). If we squak at something
less than $150-200, we are not in the right business anyway. I just paid
out $5000 for BMI for a year, and Tradestation. Add that to the monthly
exchange fees and you think I'm going to squak at $200 bucks? Consider
it the cost of doing business, as trading actually is!

>   I hope I have not come off as a polemicist or offended TM.

Hey Kurt, what's with the big words? 'Polemicist?' Man, my IQ just
droped another 10 points! :)

 Murrey may have
> a good system (the best and most simple in the world he says), but as one
> RT'er said it would help to give some specifics, a track record (statements),
> and/or how about a few  real time trades.  A few real trades in no way is
> giving away the farm but a little honey will go a long way in attracting the
> bees to your hive.

Not every analyst is a trader, nor every trader an analyst. If Mr.
Murrey or anyone else was selling a system that said "buy" "sell" and
you are to act without thinking,then divy up that profit/loss sheet. He
may be an excellent teacher which can make a good trader out of you, and
yet can't trade a lick himself.

Good teachers of Political Science make lousy politicians. Mr. Murrey
may fall under this category. I for one am not going to walk past what
may be excellent material if he doesn't provide proof of winning trades.
Maybe he doesn't like to trade and just likes to teach. Something wrong
with that? Do we all want the same things? Nope.

One trader wrote me today to tell he just got back from vacation
celebrating Fdates. He mentioned making $10,000 off Fdates the last 3
weeks and just got back from vacation from Barbados. Hey, I provided
everyone with that information, I didn't make $10,000! Some made money,
some lost money. Feedback told me that the info was excellent, yet why
did some lose (hopefully not much)? It is what we do with that info. I'm
a very light trader, spending most of my time analzing and programming.
I for one slept in alot and made very few trades. :)

Don't pass up good info because someone did not supply you with a track
record. Other than it being personal in the first place, it means
nothing of the man's info.

>   Sorry to add yet another segment to the Murrey thread.

Why? It is an interesting subject. Sorry that I wrote a book though.

> Kurt
> Sunnen@xxxxxxx

cheers!
:)