Re: GEN: Tradestation Realtime - no more memory - HELP

You are confusing memory (random access memory - RAM) with disk
storage space.  The former is volatile, meaning it loses all data as
soon as power is removed, while the latter is non-volatile, and
stores data until deliberately erased.  So long as the HDD is not
full you can store as much tick data as you like without having any
effect on the ability of your computer to run additional programs.

It is probable that TS is not releasing system resources (i.e. RAM)
when you exit from the program.  This is a particular problem with
Win3.1.  Check the Help....About item in your Program Manager - it
shows the free resources as a percentage.  When you start WIndows
with nothing else running you will have, say, 80% free.  Now run TS
and exit again.  You will have perhaps 72% free.  The more times you
do this the less free resources you will have.  The solution is
extremely simple - exit all programs and turn the power off.  Then
start again from scratch.  You can just exit Windows and reboot, but
a power-down reset of your system is more certain to clear all
memory.  I suggest that this should be done daily when the markets
are closed.

Bob Young