Re: Bill Wolfe and Wolfe Waves

JH wrote:

<snip>
>Does anyone have any direct experience either: a) trading Wolfe Waves
>successfully, or b) studying with Bill Wolfe?  Is it worth the investment
>of time and money to learn?
>
>I appreciate your comments.  If anyone is uncomfortable posting publicly,
>please email me directly.
>
>Thanks,
>
>jh

J,

I have traded wolfe waves in the currencies and
Pork Bellies with some success.

The easiest way to spot possible Wolfe Wave set-ups
is to look for market amplfication. (smaller waves
graduating to larger waves), and then scan *backwards*
looking for the high and low points you need to
identify the Wolfe points for the trendlines.

To aid in the identification process, you might also
add some sort of basic wave filter:

i.e. markets generaly move in 3 or 5 wave patterns,
with wave 2 being the largest in the 3 wave cycle,
and wave 3 being the largest in the 5 wave cycle.

How difficult can the system be to trade once the
initial trendlines are set? If it trades down to
the line, enter on stops above the market.

Makes me wonder what else Wolfe is offering for your
$3,000.

Walt Downs
CIS Trading