RE: Re[2]: Why is omega list so dead and related questions.

Well, I see it's High School Reunion Time :-)

I think MB is safely ensconced in a large fund somewhere, or else he had an
accident with one of his tank guns :-)

Still, he was a very entertaining bloodsucker... sort of like spending time
on break.com watching accident videos. When he and Pierre went at it, you
could "love the smell of napalm in the morning."

TradeStation is what it is, a decent prototyper... but a lousy verification
and/or validation tool.

If you accept this in advance, you can work around some of the limitations
and actually get some work done.

If you still think you can find gold with lagging indicators, or a John
Ehler's book, you might as well go off into a cave and die.

The competition out there for effective algorithmic trading of any and all
kinds is so ferocious, it's mind boggling, and TradeStation won't even get
you to first base by itself anymore. Frankly, neither will any of the
competition either. Hope you like C++.

I still meet good traders all the time whose "system" is hard-wired into
their brain, their gut, and their rump, and it has almost nothing to do with
what squiggly lines they have on their charts.

Best regards,

Gene Pope