Re: Firewall test results

Exactly. Windows firewall is rebadged Zone Alarm and it's pretty good at
keeping intruders out but it makes no attempt to stop spyware from
calling home. The best protection against spyware is to keep it off your
computer in the first place and to run frequent scans to make sure you
aren't infected. So many of the "good" software firewalls are so
intrusive that I don't use any of them on my LAN, just a hardware
firewall/router on my cable modem which also doesn't block any outgoing
stuff. I do enable the Microsoft firewall on my dialup modem for the
rare occasion I use it and have noticed absolutely no problems with it.
It's transparent in operation and it tests as 'full stealth' on grc.com
so that's good enough for me.

--
  Dennis