Re: Disappearing money funds -- Schwab

> Given the credit crunch, those higher risk profiles have become, for
> many investors, more risk than they are willing to expose themselves
> to, and they have therefore decided to opt for quality rather than
> rate -- and that means government or treasury securities.

I wonder 1) what are the chances of money-market funds losing value and
going below $1.00 NAV, and 2) if that happens, how soon and how rapidly it
is likely to happen.

Assuming you have the ability, switching from money funds into government
securities seems like a prudent move.  And then you hope THOSE say
solvent...

I wonder if overseas bonds would be any better?