Re: Firewall test results

foolsgold wrote:
>I recently received this link to some firewall test results.
>Very comprehensive and eye opening.
>
>http://tinyurl.com/ynzjj8

Fascinating... and it shows yet another reason to keep the built-in
Windows firewall turned OFF.  It's the only one that failed ALL the
tests.  There is absolutely no reason to use it, and I don't.

I never heard of those highest-scoring ones.  I'll have to check
them out.  I use a hardware firewall, but a personal firewall can
be useful for controlling the external communications of software
already on your PC.

My employer installs Zone Alarm Pro on all the company laptops.  I
find it interesting that there are two free firewalls (Online Armor
and Comodo) that perform better.

-Alex