Re: Using TS 4.0 with Windows XP Home

Hello Tom,

>  I even tried using the old "BaseDRV, Safecoop" etc, crack files that
> successfully eliminated the dongle on my Win 98/ 233 mhz machine, but
> still the same, "security block missing".

XP (aka Win NT5) uses a different method of driving the ports than 98 did.

>  Is anyone having luck getting their machine to run 4.0 with XP, or is
> this a hopeless cause? If not, what would you suggest? Maybe a new crack
> for XP?

I have TS4 and TS2K running under XP so it can be done, but having said that
it has been a few years since I messed with TS in any form, however at the
time I wrote all I could of what made my install work (as an amended version
of the the TS document) and posted it here:

You can search http://www.traders2traders.com for "TS4 Under Win XP"
(no quotes) or this link will download the .rtf file:
http://www.traders2traders.com/linkindex/Goto.asp?ResourceID=316

I would be heartened by the fact that the OS can 'see' the block - that is
often the hardest part so you are well on the way to getting it working!

Feel free to pm me if you want to discuss anything and I will try and jolt
my memory back into gear on the subject.

--
Best regards,
 Roscoe                          mail to: Roscoe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx