From: marc miller [mailto:marcmiller@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, November 09, 2005 3:21 PM
To: omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx; US Trading
Subject: Re: Backup internet connection hardware

Get the NETGEAR FVS 124G PROSAFE DULA WAN VPN firewall. (new)

Get cable modem and a dsl modem.
or two separate dsl's, 'cept when phone lines go down, not much help. I use
cable and dsl.

available from ECOST
under 200 clams.
Big companies have to pay around 15 to 30K to set something up similar to
what it does, This is the next best thing that I have found out there- Nice
thing about this is: Automatic failover (2 minutes, though- if you are
desperate, just manually change over the feed)
Note: unless you are a network-IT-type, you'll have to have some
professional help setting it up, as there are umpteen options for
firewalling and settings, addresses, all that stuff I know nothing about.

Also, has an option for an extra 25 bucks to get a two license vpn (virtual
private network) you can tunnel in via secure encryption to your computer
remotely, helps when sipping a pina colada on vacation or in the other room
when you want to check up on things from your laptop.

Best,
Marc