OT: speaking of win 2k...

Since we are thinking OS, I just did a new win2k install w/new chip
&mb...very fast except for startup. Almost 2 minutes. Seems to reach several
points when it is waiting for things that are not happening, but no log
errors. All the drivers are new...have cleaned out all the unneeded
services, and still it creeps along. I tried to find a boot debug tool...
msft's seems to only work in safe mode -- no help.  Found a little thing
called autoruns which lists a zillion windows components that are running at
startup, but doens't give any clue to which ones are troublemakers. Any
ideas? This is at least twice as slow as my old chip that was half the
speed.

Thanks,
Chris