Re: speaking of win 2k...

Chris Cheatham wrote:

Found a little thing called autoruns which lists a zillion windows
components that are running at startup, but doens't give any clue to
which ones are troublemakers. Any ideas?
Try bootvis

This wil have you starting up your computer once or twice
and "optimize" the startup process.

There are many places where you can download it, it's a microsoft aplication. (freeware)

Please let me / us know if it helps. I tried it myself once but
did not have a very noticable increase in speed but i forgot
to take my stopwatch out :-)

greetings