2000i vs. 4.0 bar value price adjusts / signals change

Hello all.....

I have known for a very long time that the bars on the
charts can have one set of values live and another set
historically. That if a chart with current live data
is closed and opened, signals may appear / disappear
and or change the trade value. Also the bars
themselves will alter in appearance.

When I was running 4.0, I don't remember these events
taking place. (to long ago)
Bill Cruz suggested writing through EL my own chart
using tick data.

1. Does 4.0 have the same problem as 2000i when it
comes to the bar values (tick or time) changing?
2. What work around if any is available?
3. Any ideas as to the EL code to work around the
issue or create a chart to deal with this issue.

Thank you !!!
Don