Re[2]: Stops and splits

Tony,

Are you saying they sold half the shares at the post split price
which was below or at your stop price?  As in had a 100 shares XYZ
trading 100 with a stop at 90.  Shares started trading at split price
and sold 100 shares at 50 or some such price.

I would be on them right now to find out what you have and what
happened.  The example above should be you had an order to sell 100 at
90 stop then they changed it to sell 200 at 45 stop when the shares
opened up at the post split price.  Come back to us with a damage
report unless there is no damage.

It is the clients responsibility to know about the splits but if they
messed up your stop then they are at fault.  Now if you entered the
stop after the stock split then you had the order wrong but if they
messed up the price then they are at fault.

Jimmy

--
Best regards,
 Jimmy                            mailto:jhsnowden@xxxxxxxxxxxxx