Re: Stops and splits

Hello Jimmy,

I'm not sure I fully understand what you mean....

J> Tony,

J> You need to check with the broker.
I will do that for sure.
I just was looking for some info to have a 'stronger case'

J> If you were stopped out the order might be on the pre split
You mean I was stopped out before the split?
No because the execution price is an after split price.
Even when I double that price it's well above the stop.

J>  so you sold with a due bill.  You sell again
J> and you may find yourself short.
I'm still long. But with half the value
If I add up the sold value and open value no money is lost.
It's just that miss out on todays gains.

J> Just because a stock starts trading
J> at the split price doesn't mean the shares are in your account post
J> split.
I don't understand that.
Splits are forced upon us/me; so how can I have none split prices on
my account?
I never had this at hand before but always assumed that with a split
everything was recalculated. Price/number of stocks/stops/targets/etc
If not I would have be forced to either close my position or cancel my
stops.
I come home when the markets are open for a few hours. So not having a
stop isn't very wise.

--
Best regards,
Tony