Re: Off Topic

Richard,

Wow!  Time warp.  Windows 98SE and Netscape.  Cool.

Well Netscape is now Mozilla.  They have released the new, FREE I think
it still is, Firefox version 1 so you might think about upgrading to it
and make it your primary browser.  I have used it since it was beta
and it works great.  That should fix the URL problem when you set it
to the default browser.

I really don't remember much about 98SE.  I have worked on some of
them but skipped from 95 to NT myself.  Try control panel then
Internet options then program tab to see if you have all the settings
as you like them especially what program you want to open HTML with.
Mine is set to Mozilla  Internet Explorer should not be the default
browser nor the HTML editor.  I don't know about Netscape as it has
been too many years but in Firefox you can open Tools then Options
and set Firefox to the default browser that kills off IE.  IE never
never never opens unless I choose it. There are also lots of settings
about add ons. Tons of choices now days.  Newer browsers will handle
add-ons much better than the old ones like Netscape.

Oh when you install Firefox you don't even have to reboot as I recall.

Now about Windows 98SE.........  Ok if you like it stick with it.

Jimmy

--
Best regards,
 Jimmy                            mailto:jhsnowden@xxxxxxxxxxxxx