RE: OT- Dell Dimension, Celeron vs Pentium 4

"Plus they are ready for windows 64 bit os which is in
beta now."

Got an applicable link for that, other than an unspecified source from an
Amd sponsered tech link?
The only way that would happen is if INTC comes out with 64 bit, but it is
not needed, and it would
not be an architecture like Amd. In fact most all Amd's have some
incompatibilities with WinXP SP2.

Basically you're buying old Athlon 32 bit technology from years back. It is
fast for its size,
but the processor is gated 0%, where as Intc gate their processors 50% for
reliabilty and heat reduction.

So if you're low on funds and need power, its hard to beat. Many traders
like Amd.
I don't like the ddr crap either, but my dual Xeon RDRAM loaded workstations
should do well for
years to come in performance and reliability. But personally, I'd get the
best Intc you could get.

But look very hard so you don't have to keep buying and upgrading
frequently.
Spend the time building the workstation versus replacing/upgrading. Its a
bitch to do it right,
but its even worse if you don't. Good luck.