Re: OT- Dell Dimension, Celeron vs Pentium 4

> So, is this computer worth $500?  No question in my mind.

It went for just over $400 delivered.  Nice deal, even if it has
no OS loaded.

It's not a Dell with ECC RAM, but you can get a pretty nice
eMachine at your local Best Buy:  2.6GHz Celeron, 60GB HD, 256MB
RAM, CD-RW/DVD, vs.1 2.8GHz P4, 40GB HD, 512 ECC RAM, CD-ROM in
the Dell.  Plus the eMachines comes with XP Home, vs. no OS on
the Dell.  Not too bad for $450 plus local taxes.  My wife's had
an eMachine for years and it's been rock solid.

Gary