Re[4]: Casper catastrophe

Alf,

No you are not missing the obvious.  It isn't obvious that a good
backup or clone of a drive should make you safe but doesn't.  I
learned the hard way.  If I screw up something or something gets
messed up do I know it today or tomorrow or three days away.  If
that happens and it is really bad or C: dies I can open the clone
drive then pick which backup from the third drive has the most
information but still before the screw up happened.

Where I really learned my lesson is I've had hardware failures and
system errors at the same time more than once.  Sometimes a hardware
failure can cause a system mess.  I keep several days of backups on
that third drive.  Then I have a choice.  Even if you simply delete a
file you want later and have emptied the trash can.

A really sneaky mess is if you have a clone drive but it blows up or
is corrupt and you don't know it.  Then you have no protection if your
C: dies.  Had that several years ago.

Jimmy