Re: Re[2]: Addressing conditions in Locked indicators

Roger,
There was NOT an 'alert' programmed into the indicator- I wish there was-
but not so. I read in the EL manual that it is only a line or two of code
So my objective is to somehow address what is in the chart window, on that
particular indicator. The indicator  'plots' a "dot"  for 'plot 1' - once a
certain value is reached- said number being visible to me within the chart
window-
As far as programming an alert into an indicator, it appears to be easy, but
I cannot get the writer of the indicator to do this simple task....
see EL manual below. Sp I am trying to find out if there is a 'workaround'
Thanks,
Marc
==="The Basic EasyLanguage Elements Writing Alerts 35
To include an alert in an analysis technique, you use alert statements. The
alert description
that is displayed is written into the EasyLanguage alert statement,
contained within the
analysis technique that triggered the alert.
You can include alert statements in:
_ Indicators
_ ShowMe studies
_ PaintBar studies
_ ActivityBar studies
_ ProbabilityMap studies====

Subject: Re[2]: Addressing conditions in Locked indicators

> Hello marc,
>   Maybe  I  don't understand what your trying to do but can't you just
>   go  to  the  Format Indicator window and put a check in the checkbox
>   "enable  alert"?.  If  that solves your issue then format the window
>   that  contains  the indicator to "enable messaging" and you can send
>   an e-mail of the alert.
>
> Best regards,
>  Roger                            mailto:mailrs@xxxxxxxxxx
>

> mm> Hi Jimmy-
> mm> I can, under 'format analysis techniques', go to the indicator, change
the
> mm> input values, style, etc, but the indicator - through powereditor,
cannot be
> mm> accessed, due to its being 'locked'.
> mm> It does plot the values within the chart.  It would seem that there
should
> mm> be a way to do this-
> mm> anyone?
> mm> Best,
> mm> Marc Miller
> mm> "To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that
we
> mm> are to stand by the president, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic
and
> mm> servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." -
Theodore