Re: MSN Messenger & Net Meeting

Russ,

>I and another trading budding are trying to use MSN Messenger &
>Net Meeting so we can see each other's computer screen for some
>trading ideas that we are sharing.

If that's all you want to do, use tightvnc.  Small, fast, free, and
works across platforms, unix, Windows, Linux, whatever.  See
http://www.tightvnc.org

>We are having trouble because
>my hardware firewall seems to block complete communication.

I've never heard of a firewall that can't be adjusted.  TightVNC
works fine with mine.  It uses port 5900 by default, but I have it
set to use port 23 (the telnet port, which you don't need, and a
windows box has no business running a telnet server anyway, so the
port is available).  I use port 23 because the firewall at work has
that port open, and I'm not about to ask my employer to open up port
5900 just so I can interact with my home computer from work.

--
 //  \
 // __)    Unicorn Research Corporation -- http://unicorn.us.com