Excel formula source

This is just a quick update as to my Excel Formual/Draw Down inquiry.
I sincerely appreciate the assistance.  Using Rich's suggestion ( see
below ), I have been mostly successful in solving my problem.
I have been successful in creating a Draw Down column in terms of it's
standard definition
I would like to have this Draw Down number calculate a value greater
than 0 when the Draw Down turns positive. That is what I am currently
working on. .  I understand that having a DD that turns into a positive
number is an abuse of the term Draw Down. I believe that I will be able
to solve that problem shortly.  I just need to spend a few more hours
with it.

I did receive one request to forward my spreadsheet ( actual performance
removed ) and I will be happy to comply.  If I am successful with this I
will let this list know and I will be more than happy to supply the
spreadsheet to anyone who would like it.  Just give me a little more
time to solve my last hurdle.

For me the easier thing to do with this sort of problem is to create
additional columns.  So lack of a better term, it seems much easier to
nest the columns rather than to nest  "If", "And" etc. statements within
a formula.  That change of my mindset has made things much more clear
and thanks to those who have suggested I pursue that line of thinking.

Thanks to Alex, Kent, Paul ,Mike, Michael and Rich!

Tom

Tom -

keep a column for your cumulative PL (cumPL = this PL + prev. cumPL).
next to that keep the maxPL: (if cumPL > prev. row maxPL, then cumPL,
else
prev maxPL)
next to that subtract cumPL from maxPL. This is your current DD that you
want.
MaxDD is just the max of the current DD column.

rich