Swinging...

Hi All,
      I was wondering if someone a bit more versed in El than me could
help with this.

I'm trying to define a swing point, let's say a high, but it's not like
a "standard" high that has a lower high on either side, I'd like to
define a Swing high like this:

A bar makes a higher high. The next bar can have the same high or a
lower high but not, of course, a higher high. Then take the lowest low
of these two bars. Now, in order to actually qualify that first bar as a
swing high, we need a bar that *closes* lower than either of the first
two bars.

The minimum number of bars required to define a high is, therefore,
three. However, theoretically, there's no limit to the maximum number of
bars although in practise it's never reached the limit (:-).

Having defined a swing high, we then look for a swing low which is
defined in exactly the same way but, er, the other way around. You
cannot have two SHs or two SLs in a row, the order must be SH, SL, SH,
SL, etc.

Well, I thought it was easy until I tried programming it...! But I'm
sure I'm just missing one step of logic somewhere or other.

I've be everso grateful if anyone could help out.

Thanks.

Cheers,
Ian