Re: Excel formula source

Tom wrote:
>Can anyone recommend a book, video, or any source that is focused on
>Excel formulas?

I don't think a formula will help you with your specific problem.  It
has to do more with the way you organize your spreadsheet.

>I am trying to complete a worksheet that covers my trades and I am
>having trouble with my Draw Down column.

The way I do it is to have two columns, one keeping track of peak equity
and one keeping track of current equity.  Drawdown is simply the
difference between the two.

Peak equity is trivial: =MAX(current_EquityCell, previous_PeakEquityCell)
(substitute the appropriate cell addresses).

Current equity is simply the running total of profit and loss.  If
you're tracking open equity, you need another column for closed
equity, to which you add the profit/loss of the open position to get
open equity.

--
 //  \
 // __)    Unicorn Research Corporation -- http://unicorn.us.com