Re: Security update -- Microsoft worried about Opera web browser

Hi Mark,

MJ> Users have claimed Opera is immune to the type of hacker
MJ> attacks  seen  in  IE5  and IE6. Is that true? Any Opera
MJ> users want to discuss security concerns?

   I've used Opera for about two years now. Version 6.05 has
   been the most trouble free and enjoyable product to date.
   As  to  security  issues,  I  guess I don't know what I'm
   missing:  to  date I haven't had any security breaches or
   issues whatsoever. And some (including my wife) might say
   I spend a lot of time at this computer....

   With  Opera,  you have the option of identifying yourself
   from  a  whole  range of choices, one being IE5. I always
   choose  to id as Opera, except when websites tell me they
   can't  work  with my browser. Then I'll id as IE5 or IE6,
   and  it  works  fine. For those few occasions when a page
   renders  improperly,  I'll  reluctantly  switch  back  to
   IE5.5.  However,  most responsible web sites will correct
   any  problems  if you notify them. Interactive Brokers is
   one great example. It now works flawlessly in Opera.

   Once  you  get  used to browsing with mouse gestures, the
   zooming  features,  the choice of SDI or MDI, and some of
   its  other  very  useful features, it's really hard to go
   back to anything else.

   And  for Outlook users, The Bat! has been outstanding for
   my  needs.  It  is especially useful if you like a lot of
   customization and manage multiple accounts.

--
Dave Nadeau
Fort Collins, CO