Re[2]: Security update -- Microsoft worried about Opera web browser

On Friday, October 11, 2002, 11:19:45 AM, cwest wrote:

c> From a user's perspective its really which browser works with the
c> most websites in terms of dispalying what the authors (of the
c> pages) want to present.

The best way to accomplish this is to let M$ do whatever they want.
They would have NO competition, and would have TOTAL control over our
computers and ALL our software. Things sure would work great. Is this
what you want?

Actually, some of us are interested in keeping competition and
innovation alive despite M$'s efforts to squelch it. Also, privacy
and security are big concerns too.

c> And with respect to security, they all hackable as evidenced by the
c> never-ending patches for all browsers.

In theory, of course, they are all hackable, but some are much better
in this respect than others. There are MANY fewer patches for Opera,
since many fewer are needed. The never-ending patches are from M$, I'm
afraid.

ztrader