Re: variable declarations within EL?

At 5:00 PM -0600 12/15/01, Mike Eggleston wrote:

>I understand the comment and also belive it works that way, but if
>I do keep the value of an intermediate calculation in a variable
>as you show above, how do I tell EL not to turn that variable into
>a price series and hence save its value each iteration?

If you do not ever refer to the past value of a variable, it has no
reason to save the past values. You probably should also be sure you
never pass the variable to a function as a series type such as
"NumericSeries".

>A circular buffer of unknown size? A singly-linked list is what I
>thought of.

The circular buffer would be of known size - equal to the setting
of MaxBarsBack.

Bob Fulks