Re: 2000i glitch:" Inputs Missing when Formatting EasyLanguage Studies or Strategies"

  • To: <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: 2000i glitch:" Inputs Missing when Formatting EasyLanguage Studies or Strategies"
  • From: "Craig Denison" <metastable2@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2001 15:54:32 -0800

Hi Todd and others:

Check the "Knowledge base" for DocumentID: 654 (Last Updated on: 8/29/2000),
entitled, "Inputs Missing when Formatting EasyLanguage Studies or
Strategies".

 From the date last updated, you will see that Omega knew about this problem
maybe sometime in early 2000, about two years ago!  AND still they haven't
bothered to fix it in over two
(2) years ....&%*%(^(*^!    I just purchased the TS2000i product about three
months ago, but it still is/was shipping
with bugs they knew about a VERY long time ago.

You will need to modify the Registry (of Win98?) in order to temporarily
solve  the
problem, using the instructions found in the document #654. I did this once,
and I haven't had any recurrence of the problem, but it could probably
happen any time again.

 I asked why they don't support any newsmessage forums. The answer was:
because "they are too full of negative comments".   Umm.....   I can only
wonder if the "stock holders" like to know how well their company is viewed
by the current community of users.  Oh well ... I guess we are on our own
fellow guys and gals.

Best Regards,
Craig

Hello everyone,

Yesterday, I encountered a sudden problem with 2000i
prosuite. I think it is just a bug but it happened
just out the blue, so I was wondering if any of you
have encountered the same problem and found a fix for
it. The problem I am having is that when I right click
on the chart and hit format analysis techniques and
click "format" on the highlighted stategy, and then
when I am trying to edit the inputs tab, I can't see
the "input name" column anymore. It appears to be
hidden. I tried scrolling over and it just won't come
up anymore. I can only see the input values, but the
problem is when I want to see what the heck I am
editing. Any tips, I sure would appreciate . Thanks
everyone.

Todd