variable declarations within EL?

I'm working on an indicator that I think is slowed down by TS6
because TS6 is attempting to preserve all previous values
in one of the implicit price series that it creates for
indicators and functions. I know that I will never refer to
the previous instances of these values and am only interested
in the immediate calculations. Now the question, how can I
politely let TS6 know that I only want the immediate values and
not any previous instances? I want to be as nice as possible to
not upset its delicate balance. That feat it does so well
when going between 'Illegal operation' and 'Tradestation not responding'.

Mike