Re: variable declarations within EL?

At 5:36 PM -0600 12/15/01, Mike Eggleston wrote:

>Though what of calculations that are complex and you want to separate
>them for verification and readability?

We do not seem to be communicating. If you NEVER refer to a variable
using brackets as in

   variable[xxx]

then TradeStation does not need to save past values. It only needs to
save the single present (current) value.

>I would like to tell EL to ignore a specific variable. Possibily
>in the Vars: line there is an extra definition parameter.

No need for this.

If TradeStation sees a reference to a past value using brackets, it
has to save all values back to MaxBarsBack before the CurrentBar. If
no references using the brackets, no need to save the values.

Bob Fulks