Even More Off Topic Than Usual but Probably More Relevant

Adrian,

> What is it with people on the net they need to feel the need to 'attack'
> anything?  Message or messenger?  How about people have discussions.  Now
> that would be the holy grail!!  Unfortunately, human beings being as they
> are, I don't think it will ever change.

I do.  What is lacking is what used to exist in the old pre-net bbs world.
When a flame started, people were quick to jump in with "attack the message
not the messenger".  That slowed down the number of people jumping in.  And
with less fuel, the flame died faster.  Not always but often. With the huge
number of net neophytes, this aspect of written communication has been lost.
And with a certain number of wackos on the net, I suspect that folks might
be hesitant to say play nice lest they themselves become the target.

Regards,
Mike