Re: Advanced GET

The points made are quite valid, if a trader is unsuccessful at using
software, is it the software or the user (or both or money management)?

Since I have heard that most systems work and that it is the trader that
makes the difference through improper discipline and/or money management, it
begs the question how can we become better traders and stop blaming or
trading systems or software for one's past failures.

This list over time has trashed almost any system including its own Omega
products.  A while back someone asked about Bill Williams Profitunity
system.  The unhappy quickly appeared, yet I personally find using Williams
"gator" an essential tool in my trading for entry signals.  Quite simply it
is a great visual tool, when used properly and I use it almost every day in
all time frames.  So is it good or is it bad?   I guess it depends on one's
ability to use the tool being provided and as appropriately stated whether
it fits ones own trading style.

As it has been discussed if a system, technique whatever does not fit your
style, then don't trade it.  However just because it does not fit "ones"
style does not mean that it is bad and no good.  How can one possibly say
that when it does work for others?

I would submit it is the trader, their discipline and money management
skills that really makes the difference with any trading system as we all
play this difficult game or profession, depending on your commitment to it?
don ewers