Virus Alert

I got hit with the BadTrans.B virus from Tom Alexander (no blaming but be
alert for an email from someone you don't know with an attachment. It
launches automatically in the preview pane in MS Outlook and Outlook
Express.) and may have inadvertently infected other people. It used
Kernel32.exe to infect the system, so do a search for it.

Microsoft has issued a patch

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/technet/security/
bulletin/MS01-020.asp ) but be leary of it. After installing it, my computer
would not boot up at all. I had to re-install the OS. I am told that I have
to upgrade to IE 6 in order to prevent it from occurring again.
I guess it's time to seriously look at other email software to prevent this
from happening again.