Re: Virus Alert

Try this it worked for me a few days ago (I run W2000).

http://housecall.antivirus.com/housecall/start_pcc.asp will help

I then read the file under the "Virus Info tab" for the "WORM_BADTRANS.B
(click on it) and did the search they recommended under the solution (I
could not find the %System%\CP_25389.NLS  file, but did find a CP_25389.NLS
file).  I deleted it as instructed, as well as the file under regedit they
recommend, then restarted the computer.

I then went back in and ran the free scan and "this time" five WORM_BADTRAN
files were found which I deleted (not sure why they did not show the first
time, perhaps the NLS file covers them up)?

It now says I am Virus free.

I also discovered discover my OE5 was "not" set
to the highest setting under Tool >Option>Security, which is recommended,
others who were set there said it caught it, before it "self opened"?

The  !0000 trick in the address book did not stop the spread, I understand,
so not a cure-all?

Hope this helps anyone who runs into it.