Re: Virus Alert

On Thursday, November 29, 2001, 9:48:15 AM, -- wrote:

> Microsoft has issued a patch

Another approach is to get rid of ALL the M$ virusware. That way, you
don't have to download the patch-of-the-day from M$. :-)

TheBat lets me get email with MUCH less risk. I can SEE each virus,
and none will do anything. If I am sloppy or try to do something
stupid, TheBat will give me stern warnings before it does something
bad.

Also, the powerful capabilities allow me to sort, process, and
organize my email. I get several hundred emails a day - couldn't
survive without it!

In addition, TheBat has wonderfully compatible email formats, so when
I save email, I can do lots of good things with it. Avoiding
proprietary M$ formats is very nice. But avoiding M$ virusware is even
better.

BTW, I still run virus software every day or so to make sure nothing
is lurking in some unread mail or other file.

ztrader