Re: Standard method to sync inputs across multiple indicators?

On Tue, 27 Nov 2001, multitrak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Nope, protected mode has been defeated too...see email below. TS4 and TS2Ki
> password protection schemes are all unsecure now.
>
> MT
>
> At 11:03 AM 11/27/01 -0500, Bob Fulks wrote:
>
> >The "Export to ELS protected" format does not contain the source and
> >should be a lot more secure. Any scheme can be cracked but the effort
> >of cracking this one vs. the benefit probably makes it pretty safe.
>

> Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2000 09:21:27 -0400
> To: omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx
> From: William Brower <1000mileman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: TS2000 password protection defeated
>
> I have confirmed that the TS2000 password protection scheme has been
> defeated.  The code below was sent to KD in protected form.  KD
> successfully discovered the password and opened the code.
>
> At 12:26 PM 6/2/00 +0200, you wrote:
> >William Brower wrote:
> >
> > >Hi KD:
> > >I attach testprot.els which has the BK:4H/4L indicator.  This was
> >written
> > >by me and has a short message at the top of the code.  If you can open
> >it,
> > >please copy the code and message to an email and post it to the Omega
> > >List.  Thanks.
> >

> >Surprise!!  ;-))
> >
> >I'm sorry that I use this list, but it is response for  William Brower's
> >message.

> >{This is a test of the TS2000 password protection
> >Password !@#}
> >
> >Inputs: LookBack(8), Count(4);
> >
> >Vars: cntH(0),cntL(0), MaxH(0),MinL(0);
> >
> >cntH = 0;
> >cntL = 0;
> >MaxH = 0;
> >MinL = 999999;
> >
> >For value1 = lookback downto 0 begin
> >  If H[value1] > MaxH then begin
> >   cntH = CntH+1;
> >   MaxH = H[value1];
> >  end;
> >
> >  If L[value1] < MinL then begin
> >   cntL = cntL+1;
> >   MinL = L[value1];
> >  end;
> >
> >end;
> >If cntH = count+1 then Plot1(H,"4H");
> >If cntL = count+1 then Plot2(L,"4L");
> >

> Bill Brower
> Email: 1000mileman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Web Site: insideedge.net

It looks like the code snipped posted and cracked used the password
version and not the source protect version. I thought in the source
protect version that there would be no source; only the byte-compiled
code. As such, there would be no way to retrieve the comments nor the
variable names.

Isn't this true?

Mike