RE: wipe C on Win2000?

Yes, normally you can not erase the OS partition from the OS.  A solution
might be to do it from DOS.  If you could find a floppy that lets your
computer to boot up from the floppy, and includes some essential functions
like HD formatting, that could solve the problem.  Sometimes computer
manufacturers provide such disks.  I have one for a Gateway Pentium II
computer, not sure if it will work for you (I could zip the floppy contents
and e-mail), but worth a try if you can not find anything else.  I have used
the floppy on several occasions on 2 different computers (the Gateway and a
Micron) for completely wiping out the HD.

For the future, I recomend Drive Image, Ghost, or equivalent.  Just avoiding
one such complete computer/software rebuilding process will in my opinion
pay for the price of the program.

Ivo