From: "Ivo Karindi" <ivo@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "'Jim Bronke'" <jvbronke@xxxxxxxx>; <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, October 11, 2001 3:02 AM
Subject: RE: wipe C on Win2000?

: Yes, normally you can not erase the OS partition from the OS.  A solution
: might be to do it from DOS.  If you could find a floppy that lets your
: computer to boot up from the floppy, and includes some essential functions
: like HD formatting, that could solve the problem.  Sometimes computer
: manufacturers provide such disks.  I have one for a Gateway Pentium II
: computer, not sure if it will work for you (I could zip the floppy
contents
: and e-mail), but worth a try if you can not find anything else.  I have
used
: the floppy on several occasions on 2 different computers (the Gateway and
: Micron) for completely wiping out the HD.
:
: For the future, I recomend Drive Image, Ghost, or equivalent.  Just
avoiding
: one such complete computer/software rebuilding process will in my opinion
: pay for the price of the program.
:
: Ivo
: